The mission of the Before/After School Care Program is to provide a safe, caring and structured environment for Star of the Sea students before and after school hours. As directed by the Office of Catholic Schools for the Diocese of Richmond, Star of the Sea Before/After School Care Program operates as a Religious Exempt Program under the Department of Social Services (DSS). Documentation is filed yearly with the DSS in order to verify compliance with building, health and safety regulations. All staff members complete background checks and VIRTUS training. Orientation and training is required of all staff yearly. Standards require the facility to meet applicable fire, health and building codes.
7:00 – 7:40 A.M. – Before School Care (Monday to Friday)
3:00 – 6:00 P.M. – After School Care (Monday to Friday)
- Morning Care is $5.00 per day regardless of arrival time.
- PreK through 4th grade After Care is $5.00 per hour per student – includes a healthy snack
- Grades 5 – 8 After Care is $5.00 per hour per student – snacks will be available for students to purchase, students may also bring their own healthy snacks
- Any child picked up after 3:10 P.M. will incur a 1-hour charge. Hourly rate is charged at 10 minutes after each hour.
- A late fee of $1.00 per minute will be assessed for any student picked up after 6:00 pm.
- CARES charges will be billed through FACTS.